I started my journalism career in public radio, at the Boston NPR affiliate. I’ve worked primarily in newspapers since then, covering everything from technology to real estate, hospitality and healthcare.
I’m currently freelancing for the Baltimore Sun, Howard magazine, Chesapeake Home & Living, Her Mind, TripAdvisor, EaterDC and Elevation DC.
Here are some of my previous work experiences, in reverse chronological order:
Editor, BmoreMedia.com 2011-2014
• Edited BmoreMedia.com weekly online magazine covering creativity, innovation, development and entrepreneurship in Greater Baltimore;
• Hired and trained news editors and interns. Assigned stories and photographs to freelancers and managed a freelance budget.
• Used SEO-friendly headlines, Google Analytics and solid news judgment to grow web traffic by nearly 40 percent. Boosted social media presence on Twitter and Facebook;
• Uploaded stories and images in content management system;
• Wrote news and features covering restaurants, real estate and tourism for BmoreMedia, Baltimore magazine, Elevation DC, Baltimore Business Journal, Delaware Today, Center Maryland, the Baltimore Sun. Howard magazine, Her Mind, Chesapeake Home + Living, Where Baltimore, Travelers Today, and Upstart Business Journal.
Senior reporter/reporter, Baltimore Business Journal 2003-2010
• Covered tourism, retail, advertising and marketing; Assigned and edited stories for tourism magazine, Gather, distributed to meeting planners in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C.;
• Covered healthcare, higher education and biotech, including features on Obamacare and its impact on hospitals, doctors and patients; and,
• Wrote and edited stories for daily Web site and weekly newspaper; Contributed to special publications and sections.
Staff writer, Computerworld
Wrote daily news stories for Web site and weekly stories for the print newspaper, covering technology careers and healthcare. Delivered spot news at events.
Wanna resume? Email juledash-AT-gmail-dot-com.